WHAT IS THE ATRIUM?
…our pride and joy, our ultimate art project, and the culmination of all our life experiences. The Atrium is gardens, woods, paths, open-air, and a large, clear greenhouse for weather that might not be all sunshiny. They say “rain on your wedding day is good luck," whether thats true or not, we’ve got you covered …literally.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
The price of The Atrium is based off seasonal popularity, yet cheaper than renting all the items needed for a backyard wedding. Rental of The Atrium starts at $4000. Please, contact for detailed pricing.
WHAT DOES IT INCLUDE?
- The property will be reserved for just you.
- Chairs, tables, on-site parking, restrooms for up to 250 guests.
- Space for getting ready, bar, bar-tenders, bon-fire ring, and a scenic trail.
There are no sneaky hidden fees like guest number, chair rental, or keg-tapping.
We do have a few add-ons you might like:
- Photography: We have been wedding photographers for more than 15 years.
- Photo-booth: This is fun and memorable for your guests. Plus, you get digital copies of ALL that black-mail material.
- Set up & clean up crew: Just in case cleaning up at the end of your wedding is the last thing you want to do.
- Wagon Ride: Tractor + hay wagon + your wedding party = get-away ride. Or treat your guests to something fun.
WHEN IS THE ATRIUM OPEN?
Open, May – October, yet we give tours by appointment year round.
Rentals on Friday or Saturday, The Atrium is all yours from 10am-midnight, on Sunday weddings 10am-10pm.
WHERE IS THE ATRIUM LOCATED?
....in the cute “lake-town” of Solon Springs WI, about a 35 minute drive south of Duluth MN and Superior WI, …which means we are almost always 10-15 degrees more awesome than the Lake Superior weather found in the Twin Ports.
IF THE ATRIUM IS A CONVERTED GREENHOUSE, WHAT DO WE NEED TO KNOW?
- The Atrium emphasizes being outdoors, so please tell your guests to dress appropriately. Full suits might get hot and high-heels may feel uncomfortable.
- The Atrium structure was literally a greenhouse, due to its nature expect to have an occasional drip if it is raining.
- Due to "greenhouse effect," we encourage scheduling receptions later in the day. The building has a lot of venting and fans to help combat the natural heat, but the cool of late receptions is very helpful …plus eating while watching the sunset is pretty stinkin’ romantic.
HOW LONG CAN THE MUSIC PLAY?
On Friday and Saturday we ask the last dance to end at 11:00pm, on Sunday at 9:30pm.
WHO SETS UP THE TABLES AND CHAIRS?
We can have them set up and ready for you to decorate.
WHAT DO WE HAVE TO CLEAN UP BY THE END OF THE NIGHT?
Anything that was brought in by you needs to leave with you. This includes personal items, décor and rentals.
WHAT ABOUT CATERING?
From food-trucks to 5-course plated dinners, we want you to be able to choose your own licensed caterer. We do ask that your caterer serves and cleans up after themselves. We have a few we’d love to recommend!
WHAT ABOUT ALCOHOL?
The Atrium is licensed to sell malted beverages and wines customized to your taste. Bar-tenders are included.
IS THERE A PLACE TO GET READY?
The Atrium has pretty sweet "Wedding Suites" (that means a changing room for each side of the wedding party).
IS THERE ANY LODGING AVAILABLE?
As a matter of fact, there are a few lodging options located within Solon Springs:
- St. Croix Inn
- Swanson’s Motel, Cabins & Campground
- Lucius Woods Campground
- The cities of Duluth and Superior have several other close options.
- Air BnB is pretty fun too.
WILL THE ATRIUM HELP PLAN OUR WEDDING?
We have been in the wedding industry for over a decade.
- We can give great suggestions for a smooth time-line.
- We can give a list of our favorite local venders.