WHEN IS THE ATRIUM AVAILABLE?
May – October, Fridays & Saturdays, yet we give tours by appointment year round.
WHERE IS THE ATRIUM LOCATED?
The Atrium can be found in the cute “lake-town” of Solon Springs WI, 35 minute drive south of Duluth MN & Superior WI.
The cost to rent The Atrium starts at $5500 (depending on day and demand). To book your date requires a $1000 non-refunable deposit (deducted from the rental).
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
We steer clear of "nickle-and-diming".
- Private venue, all yours from 9am-midnight (last dance at 11:00)
- Dressing rooms
- Tables and chairs (max capacity 200)
- Indoor and outdoor ceremony sites
- Reception space (separate from the ceremony sites)
- Onsite host
- Full-blown 25-page Wedding Guide to help find those amazing local vendors that we like.
IF THE ATRIUM WAS A GREENHOUSE, WHAT DO WE NEED TO KNOW?
- The Atrium emphasizes being outdoors, so please tell guests to dress appropriately. Full suits might get hot and high-heels may feel uncomfortable.
- Due to The Atrium's greenhouse nature expect to have an occasional inside drip if it is raining.
- We encourage scheduling receptions later in the day. The Atrium uses fans and vents to combat the natural heat, but the cool of late receptions is very helpful.
WHAT NEEDS TO BE CLEANED UP BY THE END OF THE NIGHT?
Anything that was brought in by you needs to leave with you. This includes personal items, décor, rentals, and your drunk cousin Kevin.
WHAT ABOUT CATERING?
From food-trucks to 5-course plated dinners, you get to choose your own LICENSED caterer. Caterers must serve and clean up after themselves. We have a few we love to recommend!
WHAT ABOUT ALCOHOL?
The Atrium's bar is licensed to sell malted beverages and wines (beer & wine) that we can customize to add your favorites. The Atrium's bartenders will do all the serving of alcohol.
NO OUTSIDE ALCOHOL IS ALLOWED.
CAN I LEAVE MY CAR OVERNIGHT?
To help every client know that their event is special to us, remains private, and starts with a blank canvas we do NOT allow overnight parking. Keep in mind, The Atrium is also our private residence, we are neither permitted nor insured for this. To help avoid this here are some tips:
- Proactively inform your guests so they can plan and party accordingly
- Hire a shuttle (especially for the wedding party) that picks up and drops off vehicles at an offsite location.
- Designate "drivers" who can collect keys to remove vehicles before the end of the night.
WHAT ABOUT MUSIC?
Our relationship with our community is important and needs to stay healthy. Because The Atrium is an out-door venue we need to enforce some "sound requirements".
- Music and Mic are done at 11:00PM
- No amplified live music
- DJ must hook up and use The Atrium's speakers only
- All sound is to stay under 95dB (metered on site)
IS THERE ANY LODGING AVAILABLE?
As a matter of fact, there are a few lodging options located within Solon Springs and nearby Duluth/Superior:
- Solon Eagle Lodge
- Swanson’s Motel, Cabins & Campground
- Lucius Woods Campground
- We have a list of house rentals (Air BnB)
- St. Croix Inn
WILL THE ATRIUM HELP PLAN OUR WEDDING?
We have been in the wedding industry for over 20yrs.
- Because we want every wedding to be perfect, we will have staff present during your day.
- We can give great suggestions for a smooth time-line, and successful ideas.
- Couples that book a wedding at The Atrium will get a 25-page Wedding Guide full of details, local vendors, table-layouts, and 20 years of experience.
- If you need more help we have a list of great Wedding Planners.
WE WANT TO MAKE THIS EASY, AND YOUR WEDDING AMAZING.